This course is designed to introduce students to a variety of usability and user experience problems related to privacy and security and to give them experience in understanding and designing studies aimed at helping to evaluate usability issues in security and privacy systems.
Lecture and project-based
- Undergraduates: 17-334, 5-436, 19-534
- MS / Ph.D.: 17-734, 5-836, 19-734. Students enrolled in these course numbers will have extended homework assignments and will be expected to play a leadership role in a group project that produces a paper suitable for publication.
The course is open to all students.
- Gain an appreciation for the importance of usability within security and privacy
- Learn about current research in usable privacy and security
- Learn how to conduct usability studies
- Learn how to critically examine UPS studies
Faculty and instructors who have taught this course in the past
Lorrie Cranor, Jason Hong