arl Crane is a cybersecurity executive and trusted advisor to public and private sector organizations, helping them to manage their strategy, risk and cybersecurity programs.
He is a prominent cybersecurity veteran, having worked at early security startups, the White House, the financial sector and other Fortune 100s, and founded Emergynt, a digital risk management platform based on his PhD research. He is an adjunct professor at Carnegie Mellon where he has taught cybersecurity to graduate students and executives since 2002, and is a Cybersecurity Fellow at the University of Texas at Austin Strauss Center.
- cloud security
- cyber physical systems security and privacy
- elections security
- emerging applications security
- IoT security and privacy
- risk analysis and management
- security education, awareness, and training
- security policy and regulation
- social networks security and privacy
- threat analysis and modeling