Mission & Objectives
The 21st Century threat matrix demands a holistic approach - no nation can go it alone, no corporation can go it alone, no individual or family can go it alone. A holistic approach integrates many elements -strategic & tactical, technical & non-technical, professional and public. CyLab offers the building blocks (technology transfers) and the builders (young professionals) needed to implement a holistic approach.
CyLab is ...
- A bold and visionary effort, which establishes public-private partnerships to develop new technologies for measurable, available, secure, trustworthy, and sustainable computing and communications systems, as well as to educate individuals at all levels.
- A dynamic matrix, in which great works are accomplished, great minds come together, and great careers are launched.
- A vital resource for government and business to draw on in addressing cyber risks that threaten national and economic security.
- A world leader in both technological research and the education of information assurance professionals, CyLab harnesses the future to secure the present.
The CyLab strategy integrates response, prediction, education and research & development to build:
- Technology Capacity: Pursuing an aggressive R&D agenda that integrates technology, business, and policy;
- Personnel Capacity: Educating professionals in Security Technologies, Business, and Policy;
- Cyber Awareness: By educating parents, teachers, kids, small business owners and other non-technical users;
- Industrial Capacity: Transitioning technology to large companies and creating new start-ups.
Cybersecurity threats in the 21st century demand a 21st century strategy and CyLab delivers elements vital to it:
- Bold, new security technologies
- The best and brightest young security professionals
- Internationally acclaimed research expertise
- A consortium of industry leaders